Did you see Jewel's Facebook announcement about FREE Angel Soft facial tissue when you buy Sparkle or Angel Soft? I added it to this week's Jewel Deals writeup earlier this week, but I'm bumping up because we have several new printables to use with this deal!
Through 8/13, when you buy one Sparkle Paper Towel (6 Big Roll or 8 Regular Roll) for $4.99 AND one box of Angel Soft Facial Tissue, you'll get $1 in instant savings! The Angel Soft facial tissue is on sale for $1, so buy them together, and your Angel Soft facial tissue is FREE!
Let's make this deal even better:
Use this $1 Sparkle printable. The 7/28 RP1 has a .50 coupon for Angel Soft, so use that coupon here for overage. Now you're down to $3.49 for 8 rolls of paper towels and a FREE box of Angel Soft facial tissue. That works out to about .44 per roll, an excellent price for paper towels!
CreditSesame.com asked me to write a guest post on back-to-school savings for their website, which I'm sharing with my readers today too. I was compensated for this post.
According to a new survey from Deloitte, parents will spend an average of $428 on back-to-school expenses for the 2013 season. That’s a hard sum to swallow for any parent, especially if you’ve got multiple children in school. As a mother of three, that pushes our potential expenses over $1200! I’ve found though that through strategic shopping and taking advantage of available discounts, our back to school budget is reduced enormously.
Tip #1: Save on School Supplies: Do not buy your child’s entire list of school supplies in the same store. It’s tempting to go down the list, adding pencils, glue, binders and the like to your shopping cart. Breathe a sigh of relief, and the shopping’s done, right? Right – but you’ve also significantly overpaid for your child’s supplies. Mass retailers and office supply stores will have many school supplies priced as “loss leaders,” such as .25 glue sticks, .20 notebooks, .10 folders. I keep my children’s lists with me, and as I am out and about, I’ll pick up only the items that are at super-low prices for the current week. As the first day of school draws near, I’ll look at the list and see if I need to purchase any other items. Usually, I’ve gotten the majority of the products picked up for the lowest possible prices, freeing up funds to purchase anything else that’s needed.
Tip #2: School Clothes Shopping: New school clothes are also on the kids’ minds as we head into August! Before we hit the stores to look for new school clothing, I take stock of what the kids already have and what still fits. Once it’s time to shop, I’ll allow the kids to each choose a new outfit for the first day of school, but I like to hold off buying entire new wardrobes for them for a few weeks. Once they get to school and see what their friends are wearing and what styles are in for the current year, they may have a few special items they’d like to buy. With Labor Day sales around the corner, waiting a few weeks often pays off too, as you can take advantage of clearances and coupons tied to the holiday.
Tip #3: Retailer Credit Cards: If you have store-specific retailer credit cards, ask your store if they’re currently running any discounts tied to them. Kohls, Target, and other retailers offer promotions where you’ll receive a percent-off discount when you pay with the store card. If the retailer isn’t running any special promotions, though, you’re better off using a general credit card, like your Visa, Mastercard, AMEX or Discover. Retail cards typically have lower credit limits and high interest rates, and this means your debt-to-credit ratio could negatively impact your credit score.
Keep in mind that stores may offer financial incentives to open a store credit card – cash off your total purchase, or a free product. If you’re currently carrying credit card debt, consider the high interest rates that retailer credit cards typically carry. If you plan to carry a balance on that store card, the “free” $25 you got when you signed up will quickly disappear when you’re paying interest rates as high as 20% or more.
These are the kinds of deals that you do just to celebrate what a smart shopper you are! Don't you deserve a little treat? Of course you do.
Starting 8/11, Walgreens will have Dove chocolate bars on sale for .49 each, limit 6. And look at these nice new printables!
Print two of each coupon, and you've got enough here for EIGHT Dove bars at .24 each! Split them up in multiple trips so that you don't exceed the limits.
(And hide them from the kids...)
Beginning Sunday, 8/11, Walgreens will have 8oz. Colgate Optic White mouthwash on sale for $3.49. Buy it and get $1.50 back in Register Rewards!
Use this $1.10 printable. Pay $2.39 and get $1.50 back, making your mouthwash just .89!
Hey, Jewel-Osco, Kroger, Schnucks and CVS/pharmacy shoppers... SavingStar has many, many, many ecoupons to load today!
Just a reminder for you too - SavingStar ecoupons DO have load limits, just like printable coupons have print limits. If you are interested in ANY of these offers, it's a good idea to load them while they are available. I receive many emails from people wanting to know where some of these offers "disappear to" mid month. I load them all, then use whatever lines up to good sales! So, it never hurts to load everything you might be interested in.
Click the banner above to load these SavingStar ecoupons:
ONE OR MANY:
- Save 3% when you buy any Elmer's Glue Sticks, School Glue or Glue All. Valid for unlimited purchases (exp. 12/31)
- Save $5.00 when you spend $20.00 on any GOYA® food products (exp. 9/26)
- Save $4.00 when you spend $12.00 on any StarKist® Tuna Creations® (exp. 8/31)
- Save 50¢ when you buy any ONE (1) Snyder's of Hanover Pretzels 16 oz or larger (exp. 9/25)
- Save 75¢ when you buy any ONE (1) Snyder's of Hanover Tortilla Chips 14 oz or larger (exp. 9/25)
- Save 50¢ when you buy any ONE (1) bag of Snyder's of Hanover Flavored Pretzel Pieces or Seasoned Sourdough Nibblers 10 oz or larger (exp 9/25)
- Save $2.00 when you buy any ONE (1) 32 oz Colgate® Optic White® Mouthwash (exp. 9/18)
- $1.25 when you buy any THREE (3) Ziploc® Bags (exp. 9/12)
- Save 50¢ when you buy any ONE (1) Little Debbie® product (exp 9/4)
- Save 75¢ when you buy any ONE (1) flavor/variety Cascadian Farm® product (exp. 8/31)
- Save 40¢ when you buy any TWO (2) Pillsbury® Sweet Rolls OR Grands!® Sweet Rolls (exp. 8/31)
- Save 50¢ when you buy TWO (2) any flavor/variety Pillsbury® Toaster Strudel® OR Toaster Scrambles® Pastries OR Pillsbury® Pancakes (exp. 8/31)
- Save 50¢ when you buy ONE (1) PACKAGE any flavor 5 OZ. OR LARGER Green Giant™ Veggie Snack Chips (exp. 8/31)
- Save 50¢ when you buy TWO (2) BOXES any flavor Betty Crocker® Fruit by the Foot®, Fruit Gushers® OR Fruit Roll-Ups® Fruit Flavored Snacks (exp. 8/31)
- Save 50¢ when you buy ONE (1) BOX any flavor Fiber One® Protein Chewy Bars (exp. 8/31)
- Save 75¢ when you buy ONE (1) BOX Golden Grahams® cereal (exp. 8/31)
- Save 50¢ when you buy any ONE (1) BOX Cocoa Puffs® cereal (exp. 8/31)
- Save $1.00 when you buy FOUR (4) BOXES any flavor Hamburger Helper®, Tuna Helper®, or Chicken Helper® Home Cooked Skillet Dishes (exp. 8/31)
- Save $1.00 when you buy FIVE (5) CUPS any flavor Yoplait® Greek yogurt (exp. 8/31)
- Save 75¢ when you buy TWO (2) any flavor Yoplait® products listed: Yoplait® Go-GURT® Yogurt, Yoplait® Kids Cup Yogurt, Yoplait® Trix® Multipack Yogurt (exp. 8/31)
- Save $1.00 when you buy FOUR (4) any flavor/variety Totino's® Crisp Crust Party Pizza® Products. (Excluding Party Pizza Pack and Big Party Pizza (exp. 8/31)
- Save $1.00 when you buy TWO (2) PACKAGES any variety Pillsbury® Refrigerated Cookie Dough (exp. 8/31)
- Save 50¢ when you buy ONE (1) 20 OZ. OR LARGER Original Bisquick® OR Bisquick Heart Smart® Baking Mix, OR 10.6 OZ. Bisquick® Shake ’n Pour® Pancake Mix (exp. 8/31)
- Save 75¢ when you buy TWO (2) Betty Crocker® Ready to Spread Frosting, Supreme Brownie Mix, Dessert Bar Mix, Supermoist Cake Mix, OR 17.5 OZ OR LARGER Cookie Mix (exp. 8/31)
- Save 75¢ when you buy THREE (3) any flavor/variety LÄRABAR, ÜBER®, ALT™ OR JOCALAT® bars (exp. 8/31)
- Save 50¢ when you buy any TWO (2) Pillsbury® Crescent Dinner Rolls (excludes Twin Pack) (exp. 8/31)
- Save $1.00 when you buy any TWO (2) BOXES Cheerios® cereals: Frosted Cheerios®, Apple Cinnamon Cheerios®, Banana Nut Cheerios® and more (exp. 8/31)
- Save 40¢ when you buy SIX (6) CUPS any variety Yoplait® Yogurt (exp. 8/31)
- Save 50¢ when you buy TWO (2) any flavor Betty Crocker® boxed Potatoes (Except Potato Buds® and Betty Crocker® Pouch) (exp. 8/31)
- Save 50¢ when you buy ONE (1) any flavor 4.5 OZ. OR LARGER Chex Mix® (exp. 8/31)
- Save 60¢ when you buy THREE (3) Old El Paso® products (Excludes Old El Paso® Refrigerated, Frozen OR Soup products) (exp. 8/31)
- Save $1.50 when you buy TWO (2) Wasa Crispbread Crackers (exp. 8/28)
Disclosure: This giveaway is sponsored by Trojan. I have received a Trojan Pleasure Pack, as well as information to help promote the product as part of this giveaway.
UPDATE: Giveaway has ended! The winners are Daguzer and Eathealthy!
It's giveaway time again, Super-Couponers! Most of my blog giveaways feature products for the kitchen, but this week, we're switching things up and giving away something for the bedroom! (Of course, you're free to use these wherever you want..!)
Two readers will each win a Pleasure Pack from Trojan, which includes the following three products:
- Trojan Arouses & Intensifies 3oz. lubricant
- Trojan Tingly Warmth 3oz. lubricant
- Trojan Continuous Silkiness 3oz. lubricant
- Total Retail Value: $45
For a chance to win one of these two Trojan Pleasure Packs, simply post a reply in the comments under this article! This Trojan giveaway begins today, August 8th, 2013, and runs for one week. The giveaway will end on August 14th, 2013 at 11:59pm CST, and on August 15th, two winners will be chosen via a random number generator!
Last month, I posted a deal on Converse Chuck Taylor cutaway sneakers at Sears.com. I love Chuck T's, and $14.99 was a great price for these, especially with a bonus 5000 Shop Your Way points reward ($5) back on each pair dropping them to a cool $9.99. Throw in the "Spend $50, Save $15 instantly" on shoes and free shipping, and this was adding up to a pretty sweet deal on the five pairs of shoes I ordered on July 19th.
At the time of my order, the black pairs were not available to ship to my house, but they were available for ship-to-store. I chose that option and sent them to the Crystal Lake, Illinois Sears. Four days after I ordered, I noticed, as did some readers, that the 5000 bonus points per pair weren't automatically applied to my Shop Your Way account. After emailing Sears, they credited 10,000 bonus points to my account - enough for two of my pairs of shoes, but not all of them. I figured the rest of the points would come when the rest of the shoes shipped.
On July 24th, I picked my two black pairs of Converse up at the Crystal Lake Sears, and I've been stomping around town in my new Chucks ever since. I love them, and I couldn't wait for my red pairs to come too.
But, on July 25th, I received an email saying that the rest of my pairs of shoes had been cancelled:
Beginning 8/11, CVS/pharmacy will have Huggies Jumbo packs on sale as part of a "Spend $30, Get $10 ExtraBucks sale."
With this sale, Huggies Jumbo packs of diapers work out to just $4.57 each (plus a freebie!) Print the following coupons and hang onto them for next week's deal:
Huggies Jumbo diapers and Goodnites will be on sale for $8.99 per pack as part of this sale. We'll also use one bottle of Caress body wash ($3) to complete our deal:
Buy three Huggies Jumbo (2 Little Movers or GoodNites and one of your choice) - $26.97
Buy one Caress body wash ($3) - now $29.97 and enough to trigger $10 ExtraBucks
Use two $2 Huggies printables, and one $1.50 printable.
Use the .75 Caress coupon from the 7/28 RP1
Pay $23.72 and get $10 back in ExtraBucks! That's $13.72 for THREE Jumbo packs of Huggies, or about $4.57 each!
For the 31ct. Size 3s shown in next week's ad, this works out to less than .15 per diaper - plus, you get a "free" body wash!
Unilever has a free coupon book filled with high-value offers for their products, but it's got an old-school method of signing up... call 1-866-204-3942 and leave your name and address after the message to receive the book!
The book reportedly contains:
.35 off any Country Crock
$1 off any Magnum
$1 off 2 Lipton tea bags
$1 off 2 Hellmann's mayonnaise
.40 off 2 Wish Bone salad dressing
$1 off 2 Ragu pasta sauce
$1 off any Axe shower gel or detailer
$1 off any Degree anti-perspirant or deodorant
$1 off any Dove beauty bar or body wash
$1 off any Clear Scalp & Hair Therapy product
$2 off any Simple skincare product
$1 off any Vaseline Intensive Care lotion
Thanks to Shelby at HPK Couponers for spotting this one!