I stopped into the Algonquin JC Penney today to pick up a web order (hello, 100% cotton sweatshirts!) and decided to cruise the clearance racks after striking up a conversation with another woman in line. She had an armful of $2.97 summer shirts and blouses for herself that she was absolutely delighted with! So, I took a quick look around. My store had quite a few $2.97 racks in nearly every department.
I found a clearance rack in the boys' department and picked up a few items in the $1.97-$2.97 range:
- Avenger t-shirt: $1.97
- Boys' Arizona snap-up shirt: $1.97
- Boys' Arizona polo: $2.97
- Boys' Arizona striped cotton shorts: $2.97 (these will magically become cotton swim trunks when I add a mesh lining to them...)
- Boys' Arizona cargo shorts: $2.67
Disclosure: This giveaway is sponsored by Coffee-Mate. I have received two bottles of Coffee-Mate Girl Scout Cookie creamers, as well as information to help promote the product as part of this giveaway.
UPDATE: Giveaway has ended! The winners are Meadowlarks4me and Kidsbasket!
It's giveaway time again, Super-Couponers! Are there any coffee fans in the house? How about Girl Scout cookie fans? How about fans of both?
Coffee-Mate creamers are now available in two tasty Girl Scout cookie flavors: Thin Mints and Caramel & Coconut. I first sampled these at BlogHer this summer, and the Coffee-Mate team came up with the most delicious and creative way to show these off. They made milkshakes, and instead of using a splash of milk, they used a splash of Thin Mints creamer or Caramel & Coconut creamer! They were absolutely delicious and gave me ideas for future homemade milkshake nights at our house.
As part of this giveaway, Coffee-Mate shipped two bottles over to try, and my teenage daughter immediately swarmed on them. She is a former Girl Scout and also works part-time as a barista at a coffeehouse. As you might imagine, this was the best of both worlds for her! She squealed with delight when she saw what was in our fridge this afternoon, and she immediately made herself a cup of coffee with the Thin Mints creamer. Her reaction?
"These are fantastic! Oh, so good. Even better than I thought they'd taste. I think I'm going to make another cup after this."
Want to try one of these new creamers yourself? TWO of my readers will get the chance! For a chance to win a coupon for one free Coffee-Mate Girl Scout Cookie flavored creamer, simply post a reply in the comments under this article! This Coffee-Mate giveaway begins today, October 17th, 2013, and runs for one week. The giveaway will end on October 23rd, 2013 at 11:59pm CST, and on October 24th, two winners will be chosen via a random number generator!
Ibotta, the popular coupon app has new offers to load today! They include:
- .75 off CHOBANI CHAMPIONS Tubes Greek Yogurt Any flavor - 8 ct. or 16 ct. box
- .50 off Trolli Candy Any Gummi variety - 3 oz. or larger
- .50 off Caramel Apple Pops 9 oz. or larger
- .50 off Junior Mints or Junior Caramels 3 oz. or larger
- .50 off Hot Tamales or Mike and Ike 5 oz. or larger
- $2 off Love Actually 10th Anniversary DVD Includes Digital Copy
- $3 off Love Actually 10th Anniversary Blu-ray Combo Pack Includes Collectible Ornament for a Limited Time
- $1 off Pyrex Glassware Products Any variety - Any size
- $1 off Poise Light Bladder Leakage Pads Any variety – Excludes 10-16 ct.
- $1 off Poise Light Bladder Leakage Liners Any variety – Excludes 10-16 ct.
- Ibotta's $2 Poise Bonus: Earn an additional $2 for redeeming both Poise Pads and Poise Liners on the same trip
Not using Ibotta yet? Sign up today!
Starting tomorrow, Tai Pei 7.9-14.2oz. meals will be on sale at Meijer for $2 through 10/23. Use this $1 printable and take them home for $1! And...
Here's a Buy One Get One FREE coupon too! Note that Meijer does not allow you to combine both coupons together, but this coupon will allow you to get two more and pay $2 for both -- again, $1 each!
I like these for quick lunches - they come in cute Chinese takeout-style containers too!
Mmm, Marzetti... makers of delicious fruit dips and salad dressings, croutons and accoutrements. Marzetti has a new e-newsletter that promises to offer the company's best recipes, tips and more! You can sign up at the link.
Reader Lmreed517 spotted a good deal on Classico pasta sauce at Dominick's! This one runs through tomorrow, 10/15.
Classico is on sale for $3.19 (price not in ad) and is also Buy One Get One Free. There's also a Catalina running on Classico:
Buy 3 and get a $2 Catalina
Buy 4 or more, get a $3 Catalina
Buy four ($6.38.) Pay $6.38 and get a $3 Catalina. That's $3.38 for four, or about .85 per jar! Also check your Just For You -- Lmreed517 had a 10% off pasta sauce, which made this deal even better.
We also have a brand-new $1-off-$3 Classico printable (the 9/8 SS1 has this coupon too):
However, Dominick's doesn't let you use a coupon on a free item. So, in order to use this coupon, you'd need to buy FIVE in order to have three non-free sauces for this to attach to. And if you're buying five, you'd better buy six, as these are B1G1F. That would cost you $9.57. Use your $1 coupon, pay $8.57 and get a $3 Catalina. That's $5.57 for six, or about .93 per jar. You're still better off doing these in rounds of four, but if you're time-crunched and would rather get six jars in one trip, you'll pay .08 more per jar to do it this way.
Today's Jewel-Osco shopping trip: .25 Campbell's Homestyle soup, .99 Seneca Apple Chips and more surprises!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Jewel-Osco to publicize their new Stock Up Sale. I have been compensated for this post. All opinions about Jewel-Osco are my own.
I just got back from Jewel-Osco. I went in for some more Stock Up Sale items and ended up finding more deals and surprises...
Items I planned to buy:
- Six Campbell's Homestyle canned soups. They're on sale for $1.25 through 10/20, and a reader alerted me to this great deal! With the $1 coupons from the 10/13 SS or 9/15 SS, they're just .25 per can! (Here's a .75-off-2 printable too.)
- Two Johnsonville breakfast sausages: $3 each. I used two .55 coupons from the 9/15 SS and paid $2.45 each.
- Four bags of Domino sugar: $2.29 each. I used two .75-off-2 coupons from the 9/8 RP (printables here too) and paid about $1.92 each.
- Four boxes of 12ct. Kellogg's Pop-Tarts: $2 each when you buy four. I used a $1-off-3 from the 9/8 RP and loaded the $2 off milk when you buy Kellogg's ecoupon from SavingStar. This dropped each box to $1.75 each - not bad for the big boxes. My kids have "Pop-Tart Fridays" once a week here, so we're stocked for a while...
- One half-gallon Wild Harvest organic milk: $3.99. I will get $2 back from SavingStar for buying the Kellogg's and milk.
Items I bought because I discovered good deals in the store:
- Eight boxes of 38ct. Hefty Ultra Flex trash bags. These were on clearance for $3.49, down from $6.98. I will go back with six .55 Hefty coupons from the 9/15 SS and get back $3.30, dropping six of these boxes to $2.94!
- Four Campbell's Slow Cooker Sauces. These and the Skillet Sauces are $2 each through 10/27, and there are $1 coupons in the 10/6 SS1 and 8/25 SS (exp. 10/15!) I bought these today when I saw the price, and I'll go back with my coupons later. I have been wanting to try these - they have no HFCS or artifical ingredients. And, I have leftover pork shoulder from last night that's now simmering in "Hawaiian Luau" sauce for dinner tonight..! If these are good, I may go back for more. (There's a $1-off-2 printable for these too.)
- Two bags of Seneca Apple Chips. I saw these on sale in the produce department for $1.99 each through tomorrow, 10/15. I used the $2-off-2 coupon from the current Big Book of Savings Jewel coupon flyer and dropped these to .99 per bag! Yum!
- Two Baby Basics pediatric electrolyte 4-packs: These were on clearance for $1.49 each, and for that price, I'll keep them on hand for cold season for the kids.
I used the above coupons and a $2 Barilla Catalina from last week. I paid $66.72 for everything and got seven Rachael Ray Dinnerware stamps for the Jewel promotion that's currently running.
I will get $2 back from SavingStar for the Kellogg's deal, and I'll get another $3.30 back for my Hefty coupons, plus $4 back for my Campbell's coupons the next time I go. That ultimately drops this to $57.42.
Have you found any good Jewel deals this week? Definitely get over there by 10/20 to take advantage of that .25 Campbell's Homestyle soup deal...
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Jewel-Osco to publicize their new Stock-Up Sale. I have been compensated for this post. All opinions about Jewel-Osco are my own.
I've had a few readers asking how to get the $2 milk SavingStar discount at Jewel-Osco this week in conjunction with the Kellogg's $2 instant-savings deal. Let's walk through this one step-by-step, and I'll try to make this as easy as possible for everyone...
This week, when you buy four participating Kellogg's 12-15oz. cereals and/or 12ct. Kellogg's Pop-Tarts, you'll get $2 in instant savings.
SavingStar also has an ecoupon offer that lines up nicely with the Kellogg's sale: Buy four Kellogg's cereals or 12ct. Pop-Tarts and milk, and you'll get $2 off the milk! To use SavingStar ecoupons, you will need to load this coupon to your Jewel card. Create a free SavingStar account and link your Jewel-Osco Preferred or My Rewards card to it. *NOTE: If you no longer have a Jewel-Osco card, you can also use a Upromise card to redeem SavingStar ecoupons. No Upromise card? Call 877-932-7948 to request a new Upromise card.
Now that the offer is on your card, simply buy four participating Kellogg's products and milk, and the $2 milk discount will appear in your SavingStar account. It does not show up on your register receipt. (When you have $5 or more in your SavingStar account, you can cash it out to a bank account or Paypal.)
Now, here are your coupons for the deal:
Kellogg's Rice Krispies 12-15oz. - $2.50
- $1 off 3 - 10/6 RP
- $1 off 2 - All You Back to School extra issue
So, let's put it all together. Frosted Mini Wheats are a slightly better deal here due to the higher-value coupons. Buy four ($10.) Get $2 in instant savings (now $8.) Use two $1-off-2 coupons (now $6.) Pay $6 or four boxes - $1.50 each - AND get $2 off milk with your SavingStar ecoupon!
If you buy any other variety of cereal or Pop-Tarts with one $1-off-3 coupon, buy four ($10.) Get $2 in instant savings (now $8.) Use one $1-off-3 coupon. Pay $7 for four boxes ($1.75 each) and get $2 off milk too with your SavingStar ecoupon. Don't forget to buy the milk!
Deals of the Week for October 13, 2013 are live!
Sunday Chicago Tribune has TWO coupon inserts: One SmartSource (SS) and one RedPlum (RP.)
This week's blog giveaway is for anyone who loves Halloween! Enter to win one of five copies of All You magazine's new book All You's Awesomely Fun Halloween Handbook!
Have a great week of shopping and saving!